Much like the “Ray’s Pizza Original” claims, and other pizza rivalries in Brooklyn & Manhattan – The Santini Brothers Saga is similar – they are the Original Ray’s Pizza of moving and storage. In the October 10th, 1942 edition of The New Yorker magazine, in THE TALK OF THE TOWN section, an article entitled Chaos – By Gardner Botsford & Russell Maloney - the Santini Bros conundrum was humourously addressed.
According to Shorpy,
Fleet truck [above] of Santini Brothers Storage and Warehouse (not to be confused with any other Santinis). The “square” at W 170th St & Jerome Ave in the Bronx was dedicated to the brothers in 1981. The seven brothers were Pasquale, Pietro, Paride, Rinaldo, August Godfrey and Martin who started the business in 1905. Rinaldo was the last to die in 1980.