Will The Real Santini Bros Moving & Storage Company Please Stand Up! – S. Santini – Mayflower – Moving & Storage – Bronx, NY – Fabio Aiosa
Much like the “Ray’s Pizza Original” claims, and other pizza rivalries in Brooklyn & Manhattan – The Santini Brothers Saga is similar – they are the Original Ray’s Pizza of moving and storage. In the October 10th, 1942 edition of The New Yorker magazine, in THE TALK OF THE TOWN section, an article entitled Chaos – By Gardner Botsford & Russell Maloney - the Santini Bros conundrum was humourously addressed.
According to Shorpy,
Fleet truck [above] of Santini Brothers Storage and Warehouse (not to be confused with any other Santinis). The “square” at W 170th St & Jerome Ave in the Bronx was dedicated to the brothers in 1981. The seven brothers were Pasquale, Pietro, Paride, Rinaldo, August Godfrey and Martin who started the business in 1905. Rinaldo was the last to die in 1980.
Umberto Brothers Storage Warehousing Inc. – Record Storage – Uptown Correspondent, Iman R. Abdulfattah
Previously on FAB- Umberto Brothers Storage Warehousing Inc. – “Record Storage” – West Side Highway, Tribeca - Feb 29th, 2008
John Winkler’s Sons – Storage – Carpet Cleaning – Motor Car Storage – Allied Van Lines – Far Rockaway, QU
- Historical Views of the Rockaways & Rockaway History - The Wave
- The Far Rockaway of My Mind – Rockaway Memories dot com
- The Far Rockaway Train Station Then & Now – Rockaway Memories dot com
- Brooklyn Daily Star – December 26, 1912 – Courtesy of Fulton History dot com
- Bulletin of the American Warehousemen’s Association – No. 185 Vol. XVI – July 1915 – Google Books
Vinny’s Cafe – Dahill Moving & Storage – Mayflower World Wide Moving – Coney Island Avenue – Ditmas Park, Brooklyn 2004
Other Dahill postings: