Fading Ad Spotting on the Highline by Estelle Saltiel – Starring Noah Pardo & Adina Jick (& Burnham’s Beef Wine Chowder)
Look Ma! A fading ad! Quick take our picture with it!
Let’s send it to Uncle Frank!
Burnham’s in New York began as E. S. Burnham Co. Manufacturers Grocers’ Specialties at 120 Gansevoort St. around 1894, and moved to 53-61 Gansevoort in 1897. They were located here until 1929. Their products were groceries, produce, and druggist sundries. Apparently the sundries included medicinal tonics and extracts, as well as clam bouillon. – Walter Grutchfield
- Also see: Burnham’s Hasty Jellycon on Gansevoort